Followers

Friday, October 15, 2010

the promo and PR

Salaam,
Agak lama jugak tak update blog ye. Yelah everybody was so busy, and raya was the busiest of em all. I had to squeez tons of work and then spend time wit my family. Tahun nie alhamdulilah instead of raya di JB, saya beraya di KL. I brought the whole family including my aunts to celebrate eid together. After the show I had in Singapore, i forced them to come back to KL wit me. And apart from that, I gained loads of weight if you havent noticed :D

Other than that, life is just the same revolving around work. Apart from shows, this couple of months have seen me busy and so caught up promoting my single 'SOLO'. I need to promote my song all by myself bcoz I dont have a real manager who is managing me. All this while these people have just been helping me and not really stepped into the role of a manager. Makanya, I had to do the part of 'turun padang' and have all this PR lunch and stuff to actually play my song.

Nak buat muzik bukan murah. Sebab itu record label labur ratusan ribu utk satu artis. Its not just about production and making the music. But they need to invest the same amount for the promotion as they invested on the music production itself. Every single thing counts from image to merchandize for branding purposes. Tak guna buat album bagus bagus tapi produk tak jalan. Point is, music and business relates to one another. And it aint cheap :)

For me, Im not signed to any label yet bcoz all the offer doesnt work towards my favour. But face the fact without them I'm not backed up by a good team and most importantly cash flow. Im planning to take a manager to help me to boost my career but i have to be honest I cant afford one right now. I need to analyze and be more realistic. For the timebeing, the money needs to go to proper music production. There is no point paying for a manager when the music is crap. Therefore, i have been doing all this planning and marketing by myself that takes up a loads of my studio time. I have been to all radio stations you name it. I have had good coverage for radio interviews, TV station and prints too.

Im not complaining, and i shall not quit :)

No comments: