Followers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

FreedomFilm Festival 2008

Baru-baru nie berlangsung FreedomFilm festival di Annexe KL. Festival nie is about freedom to express your thoughts thru short documentary. That night they were a few finalist and one of them is my client, DNA. DNA is from Blastoff Astro and the movie they did explores the state of music and art as a form of freedom of expression in an Islamic context. They appointed me as the producer, and I made a song which combines hip hop with dark sound and islamic content.During the production of the song I discovered new stuff and even though its my first hip hop track I manage to pull it thru and the song got thru to the final. We also shot a video clip for that song. Its called ‘Genggam Bara’

Alhamdulillah, with lots of effort from everybody that night we won “Most Outstanding Human Rights Film” of the year. We ve helped each other and I must say im very proud of them. Ill upload more story, clips and their song later but meanwhile if you wanna know more you can go check out this link

http://freedomfilmfest.komas.org/

http://www.klue.com.my/articles/628-FreedomFilmFest-2008

No comments: