Followers

Saturday, January 24, 2009

VIMA Awards 2009

I remember writing about ‘Voice Independent Malaysian Awards’ back then. And it happened on Saturday 17th (which is last week) at Titanium club in Damansara

I was kinda excited to be there mainly because I got hooked up to 6 nominations. ‘Ada Masa’ that was published under TWBR, written by Alvin MY and 'Khabarkan' by Luscious that was produced by me was nominated as best pop song. Both group were also nominated as best pop group. DNA(blastoff group) another hiphop acts under my production was also nominated for best HipHop song. And on top of that, I was nominated as best producer for ‘Khabarkan’ too :)

One thing that is very interesting about the award is that they acknowledge the independent artiste/musician. They know how the business runs nowdays, and being independent is like having a total control of your own music. Its about freedom to express and experiment new stuff. They have also announced they gonna organize the first asian independent awards later in the middle of the year. How cool is that?

VIMA was very interesting though. First of all they were no dress code. Spoke to Siva and he said just come and bring yourself. And I even read at the website, they mention ‘whatever you do, do not come with your best outfit’. So me and my boys just came wearing something casual and ordinary, and later met a few over there. And the best part is, everybody knows each other. Its like a gathering where all musicians and artiste regardless of their genre, get together for one spectacular evening. The event was dope, the people were friendly, the MC was hilarious and I totally enjoyed the performances. Kudos to Voice for organizing the events !!!

Alhamdulillah, of all the 6 nomination, I managed to bagged 2 awards though. ‘Ada Masa’ and ‘Khabarkan’ both won the best pop song that night. To me, I’m more than happy to even get myself nominated for that award. Considering that I’m still new in the industry, I thank god that people acknowledge and realize my passion for music :)

For more info you guys can checkout http://www.voize.my/

P/S : Ada Masa and Khabarkan menang..apa lagi downloadlah CBT

No comments: