Followers

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Interview with Paparazzi

They say : 'Paparazzi' is a good song. But why is it in English. If it was in malay more people would have listened to it
I say : Music is not about language. Music itself is already a language. When hindi movie was made popular, everybody loves 'tompase aiye'. Remember? C'mon, if Reshomonu and VE can do it, we can too

They say : It doesnt receive good rotation at the english radio station, perhaps they claimed it as being too matured
I say : I just dont understand. The more matured the song is, the more it should get played. Full stop

They say : What are you guys trying to prove here?
I say : We are what we are. The competition doesnt turn us into pop culture. We are RnB singers and we would like people to know that we can sing in English too

They say : So do you receive any good feedbacks from the mass radio station
I say : Not really. The malay station says its too 'english' thus it can't be played. The english station says its too matured. Moron....

They say : Then who's playing your song?
I say : The radiostations that think our music is good. Trust me, the big shots is not much of a help. But radio all over the country still play our song. In fact. there's dj in Perlis and Malacca that confirmed that its in a high rotation at their station.

They say : So do you think its a good song
I say : If its not then people from Kedah wouldnt have sing along when we performed there previously. There's always a place for music. If the big fishes wont play our song, its their loss

They say : How and where do i get the song?
I say : Apart from buying the single, you guys could check out 'Possibly the best compilation ever' compilation. Atleast they appreciate good music.

No comments: